Here is today's exclusive curation covering the latest news from Sweden's startup and tech sector, as well as some additional interesting reads.
If you prefer a free weekly newsletter, sign up for Swedish Tech Weekly.
- NuvoAir (Stockholm & Boston, technology to make respiratory diseases measurable and more treatable): $11M in an extension of the Series A round led by Hikma Ventures (English).
- Blingdale (Malmö, b2b fintech incubator & investor): SEK43M (€4.3M, $4.7M) from undisclosed new and existing investors (English).
- Vinter (Stockholm, index provider for crypto assets): $3.4M in seed funding from Octopus Ventures, with participation from the Ricketts family office, D4 Ventures, Pfeffer Capital, and angel investors (English).
News from Swedish startups, the tech sector and VCs
- Bower , Stockholm-based recycling app formerly known as PantaPå, has signed Swedish online pharmacy Apotea, one of the country's largest online retailers, as customer (Swedish, machine translation).
- 18-year old Wilma Emanuelsson founded and bootsrapped Gothenburg-based iTrack Reading (site offline at time of publication), a company developing eye-tracking-based "eye to speech" technology (Swedish, machine translation).
- Staccs, Stockholm-based platform for concert video and music documentaries, launches its first local artist partnership, with singer-songwriter Lars Winnerback (English).
- Readly isn't only losing its CEO, but even two other execs are leaving the Växjö-based subscription service for digital magazines: CTO Joakim Johansson and COO Joe Armstrong (English, Swedish).
- Jarno Vanhatapio, founder of Gothenburg-based online fashion retailer NA-KD, is stepping down as CEO and will hand over this role to Anders Kristiansen (Swedish, machine translation).
- Swedish investment firm Summa Equity raised Europe's largest impact fund to date, at €2.3B ($2.6B) (English, Swedish).
Other interesting things from the startup & VC world
- Policymakers are concerned about European scaleups relying on too much capital from non-European investors (English).
- How will the 52% correction in the US stock market impact the startup fundraising market? (English).
- 9 tips for scaling your engineering team after your first big funding round (English).
Other interesting things from Sweden
- Swedish public sector crying out for IT talent (English).
That's it for today. For comments, hit reply (if you are reading this as email newsletter).