Here is today's exclusive curation covering the latest news from Sweden's startup and tech sector, as well as some additional interesting reads.
Subscribe to Swedish Tech News to get access to a daily newsletter that brings you a brief overview of news from the Swedish startup & tech sector, curated by Martin Weigert.
Or, if you prefer a free weekly newsletter, subscribe to Swedish Tech Weekly!
- NuvoAir (Stockholm & Boston, technology to make respiratory diseases measurable and more treatable): $11M in an extension of the Series A round led by Hikma Ventures (English).
- Blingdale (Malmö, b2b fintech incubator & investor): SEK43M (€4.3M, $4.7M) from undisclosed new and existing investors (English).
- Vinter (Stockholm, index provider for crypto assets): $3.4M in seed funding from Octopus Ventures, with participation from the Ricketts family office, D4 Ventures, Pfeffer Capital, and angel investors (English).
News from Swedish startups, the tech sector and VCs
- Bower , Stockholm-based recycling app formerly known as PantaPå, has signed Swedish online pharmacy Apotea, one of the country's largest online retailers, as customer (Swedish, machine translation).
- 18-year old Wilma Emanuelsson founded and bootsrapped Gothenburg-based iTrack Reading (site offline at time of publication), a company developing eye-tracking-based "eye to speech" technology (Swedish, machine translation).
- Staccs, Stockholm-based platform for concert video and music documentaries, launches its first local artist partnership, with singer-songwriter Lars Winnerback (English).
- Readly isn't only losing its CEO, but even two other execs are leaving the Växjö-based subscription service for digital magazines: CTO Joakim Johansson and COO Joe Armstrong (English, Swedish).
- Jarno Vanhatapio, founder of Gothenburg-based online fashion retailer NA-KD, is stepping down as CEO and will hand over this role to Anders Kristiansen (Swedish, machine translation).
- Swedish investment firm Summa Equity raised Europe's largest impact fund to date, at €2.3B ($2.6B) (English, Swedish).
Other interesting things from the startup & VC world
- Policymakers are concerned about European scaleups relying on too much capital from non-European investors (English).
- How will the 52% correction in the US stock market impact the startup fundraising market? (English).
- 9 tips for scaling your engineering team after your first big funding round (English).
Other interesting things from Sweden
- Swedish public sector crying out for IT talent (English).
That's it for today. For comments, hit reply (if you are reading this as email newsletter).