Here is today's curation of news from Sweden's startup and tech sector.
Subscribe to Swedish Tech News to get access to a daily newsletter that brings you a brief overview of news from the Swedish startup & tech sector, curated by Martin Weigert.
Or, if you prefer a free weekly newsletter, subscribe to Swedish Tech Weekly!
Mergers & acquisitions
- Boozt (Malmö, online fashion retailer) acquires 30% of Danish live shopping solutions provider Liveshopper, for an unspecified 8-digit SEK amount (Swedish, machine translation).
- Bright (Stockholm, digital platform for the energy sector): SEK40M (€3.9M, $4.2M) in a funding round led by By WIT, with participation from Utvecklingsklustret Energi and Montel. (English, Swedish).
- Fairpoint Capital led a €7.2M ($7.8M) seed round raised by Finnish cloud-native integration service provider ONEiO (English).
- Volvo Cars Tech Fund participated in a Series D round raised by Israel-based electric vehical battery startup StoreDot (English).
>> Daily updated, subscriber-exclusive Google sheet with all funding rounds raised by private Swedish startups and scaleups. Request access.
News from Swedish startups, the tech sector and VCs
- ChromaWay, Stockholm-based startup creating blockchain infrastructure, invests €2.1M ($2.3M) in the Dutch investor management platform provider Bloqhouse Technologies (English).
- Spotify closed down its Greenroom Creator Fund, shifts its live audio strategy away from independent creators (English).
Swedish tech earnings reports
Other interesting things from the startup/VC world & beyond
- If a tech mafia is the outcome of a high concentration of talent then the input is a successful talent vortex (English).
- Techniques and tactics for SaaS companies to avoid creating useless features (English).
Other interesting things from Sweden
- Sweden’s former state epidemiologist Anders Tegnell is being rejected for WHO job (English / The Local paywall, alternative URL, Swedish).
That's it for today.