Here is today's curation of news from Sweden's startup and tech sector.
Subscribe to Swedish Tech News to get access to a daily newsletter that brings you a brief overview of news from the Swedish startup & tech sector, curated by Martin Weigert.
Or, if you prefer a free weekly newsletter, subscribe to Swedish Tech Weekly!
- Northe (Stockholm, EV charging platform for EV owners and companies): SEK7.5M (€725K, $780K) in a seed round from angel investors Lars Thunell, Peter Silfverswärd, Margaux Dietz and Tahero Nori. The round was raised in December 2021. The company is currently raising more capital (Swedish, machine translation).
- Alliance Venture participated in a SEK40M (€3.9M, $4.2M) funding round raised by Finland-based Mjuk, a marketplace for buying and selling quality second-hand furniture (Swedish, machine translation).
>> Daily updated, subscriber-exclusive Google sheet with all funding rounds raised by private Swedish startups and scaleups. Request access.
News from Swedish startups, the tech sector and VCs
- Within 3 years, Gothenburg-based Knodd wants to become "Europe's biggest online healthcare provider for parents of young children" (Swedish, machine translation).
- Dynamic Code and Kavall are partnering up for a campaign to offer (slightly) personalized grocery deliveries based on a DNA-test (Swedish, machine translation).
- Freja eID, Swedish electronic ID and digital wallet provider, has passed the 600,000 registered users mark - 130,000 more than in the beginning of 2022 (Swedish, machine translation).
- Doconomy, Stockholm-based creator of climate-friendly fintech solutions, announced being "the world’s first company to publicly share individual carbon footprints of their employees as an educational effort" (English).
- How Spotify is using open source (English).
Other interesting things from Sweden
- Anna Bågenholm, the Swedish woman who survived the lowest body temperature ever (English).
- 📺 Sweden's great moose migration is back on as live stream (link)
That's it for today.