Here is today's curation of news from Sweden's startup and tech sector.
Subscribe to Swedish Tech News to get access to a daily newsletter that brings you a brief overview of news from the Swedish startup & tech sector, curated by Martin Weigert.
Or, if you prefer a free weekly newsletter, subscribe to Swedish Tech Weekly!
- Hoting Innovations, no website (Vingåker, technology to mass produce engineered cellulose as alternative to plastics in packaging): SEK38M (€3.7M, $4M) from Almi Invest as well as Swedish and international private investors (English, Swedish).
>> Daily updated, subscriber-exclusive Google sheet with all funding rounds raised by private Swedish startups and scaleups. Request access.
News from Swedish startups, the tech sector and VCs
- VOI generated SEK920M (€90M, $97M) in revenue in 2021. CEO Fredrik Hjelm says that the company will soon get into the business of selling e-scooters directly to end consumers, too (Swedish, machine translation).
Other interesting things from the startup/VC world & beyond
- In the span of six days, US-based one-click checkout scaleup Fast has gone from being valued at close to $500M and employing 450 people, to shutting down (English).
- Lightspeed Venture Partners published its second annual Workplace Re-Entry Report, based on data from 200+ startups, to shed light on the
“new normal” (English).
Other interesting things from Sweden
- Sweden sends just 1% of its trash to landfills. Nearly half of it is being recycled, and almost all of the non-recycled waste is burned to generate electricity and heat (English).
That's it for today.