Here is today's curation of news from Sweden's startup and tech sector, exclusively for subscribers of Swedish Tech News.
Subscribe to Swedish Tech News to get access to a daily newsletter that brings you a brief overview of news from the Swedish startup & tech sector, curated by Martin Weigert.
Or, if you prefer a free weekly newsletter, subscribe to Swedish Tech Weekly!
- Ekkono has published a press release and put a number of €3M on the strategic investment made by Finnish company Etteplan which you read about in Swedish Tech News August 9 (English).
>> Daily updated, subscriber-exclusive Google sheet with all funding rounds raised by private Swedish startups and scaleups. Request access.
News from Swedish startups, the tech sector and VCs
- Tioex, Stockholm-based platform that allows individuals to invest in private tech companies, offered those users who had bought secondary Klarna shares during the peak of valuation, to participate in Klarna's recent, massive down-round. According to Tioex founder & CEO Johan Hägglund, the offer was oversubscribed by almost 500% (English).
- Volta Trucks, the ambitious Swedish electric truck startup, says it so far has received 6500 orders worth €1.4B ($1.4B). To execute on the plan to have up to 1000 trucks on the roads of Paris, London and other European hubs within the coming years, the company will need to raise "a couple of hundred million Euros" within the next 18 to 24 months, says Volta Trucks' founder and executive chairman Carl-Magnus Norden (Swedish, machine translation).
- Meanwhile, Volta Trucks's Swedish industry colleague(/rival?) Einride announced that it will deliver electric trucks to plant-based meat company Beyond Meat in the US (English).
Swedish tech earnings reports
Other interesting things from the startup/VC world & beyond
- A CEO's LinkedIn post showing himself crying about layoffs at his company received mixed reactions (English). The comments on Hacker News about this news are also interesting, discussing among other things what it actually means when startup leaders express that they "take full responsibility" for a decision such as layoffs (English).
- Should startup founders tell VCs how much they want them to invest? (English)
Other interesting things related to Sweden
- Sweden's 12-months inflation rate dropped to 8% in July, compared to 8.5% in June. On a monthly basis, the inflation rate fell by 0.2% (English, Swedish).
That's it for today.