Here is today's curation of news from Sweden's startup and tech sector, exclusively for subscribers of Swedish Tech News.
Subscribe to Swedish Tech News to get access to a daily newsletter that brings you a brief overview of news from the Swedish startup & tech sector, curated by Martin Weigert.
Or, if you prefer a free weekly newsletter, subscribe to Swedish Tech Weekly!
Mergers & acquisitions
- Hello Ebbot (Stockholm, chat platform with AI automation tools for meeting customers digitally) acquired Gothenburg-based competitor Dialogtrail in an all-stock deal. The amount was not disclosed. Dialogtrail raised SEK8M from among others Brightly Ventures and Chalmers Ventures (English, Swedish).
- Jetson (Stockholm, flying car developer): SEK100M (€9.4M, $9.3M) from Italian tech entrepreneur Luca Spada and other undisclosed investors, for starting the serial production of its one-passenger personal electric vertical takeoff and landing (eVTOL) vehicle. The funding round is still ongoing. Meanwhile, the company has bought a small private airfield in Italy outside of Florence for testing purposes, for around SEK8M (Swedish / DI Digital paywall, Swedish #2, machine translation).
- Vostok Emerging Finance and Swedish emerging markets asset investor Tundra Fonder partipcated in a pre-seed $2.1M funding round raised by Y Combinator-backed Mahaana Wealth, Pakistan’s first digital wealth management company (English).
>> Daily updated, subscriber-exclusive Google sheet with all funding rounds raised by private Swedish startups and scaleups. Request access.
News from Swedish startups, the tech sector and VCs
- Min Doktor, Malmö-based digital healthcare provider, is laying off around 50 people (around 20% of the total number of employees) and closing 7 of its 23 stationary healthcare/vaccination centers, in order to reach profitability faster (Swedish, machine translation).
- Mimbly, Gothenburg-based creator of sustainable laundry solutions, has reached the milestone of 100 sold "Mimboxes", a hardware solution which is intended to help professional laundry become more sustainable, by recycling water, reducing microplastic pollution and CO2 emissions. According to co-founder and CEO Isabella Palmgren, these Mimboxes are "soon ready to be manufactured and delivered" (English).
- Gothenburg-based investor relations app Quartr launched an API, which will allow "basically any site or platform" to add conference calls or transcripts to their service (English).
- Swedish-Kenyan mobility startup ROAM has launched its first all-electric bus built for mass transit in Africa (English).
- VOI launched in its 100th city (English).
- Climentum Capital, the new pan-european climate VC fund launched in early July, announced Malin Carlström as Stockholm-based general partner (English).
Other interesting things from the startup/VC world & beyond
- German e-scooter provider Tier Mobility, which is also active in Sweden, lays off 180 people and is moving away from a focus on geographic expansion, towards an "increased return on investment for the current footprint".
- US cloud security startup Wiz says it became the fastest-growing software company ever, after reaching $100M ARR in 18 months (English).
Other interesting things related to Sweden
- H&M headquarter employees are protesting against a new policy which would force staff in Sweden back into the office at least 4 out of 5 days starting from December 1 (Swedish, machine translation).
- 61% of Swedish households had at least one paid streaming account in Q2 2022, up 5% from a year ago (Swedish, machine translation).
That's it for today.