Here are today's news from Sweden's startup and tech sector, exclusively for subscribers of Swedish Tech News.
Subscribe to Swedish Tech News to get access to a daily newsletter that brings you a brief overview of news from the Swedish startup & tech sector, curated by Martin Weigert.
Or, if you prefer a free weekly newsletter, subscribe to Swedish Tech Weekly!
- FarmUp (Visby, marketplace for buying food directly from the farmer): SEK1.5M (€140K, $140K) grant from the Swedish Board of Agriculture and the European agricultural fund for rural development (Swedish, machine translation).
- Brainsafe (Stockholm; digital healthcare provider focused on preventing, treating and rehabilitating concussions): undisclosed amount from Karolinska Institutet Holding (Swedish, machine translation).
>> Daily updated, subscriber-exclusive Google sheet with all funding rounds raised by private Swedish startups and scaleups.
News from Swedish startups, the tech sector and VCs
- Meela, Gothenburg-based therapist-patient matchmaking platform for women, won the final of Di Digital's Female Founders 2022 pitch event (English, Swedish). Deqa Abukar of BLING Capital was voted "Investor of the year" (Swedish, machine translation).
- ClimateView has added a feature it calls "impact intelligence" to its SaaS platform ClimateOS. It enables cities to systematically connect emissions to economics, thereby unlocking city climate financing and scaling climate action (English).
- Paperwork (no known URL yet) is the name of a tracking tool for NDAs and freelance contracts currently being built by Toca Boca veterans Björn Jeffery and Jonas Carlsson. The duo is currently looking for alpha testers (English).
- Einride announced its launch in Benelux together with the world's leading brewer, AB InBev (English).
- SUP (short for "Startup People") is the new name of SUP46, Stockholm's pioneering startup hub launched in 2013. Skipping the “46” (country code of Sweden) aligns with the aim to broaden the focus and also support international startup people (English).
- SSE Business Lab, the incubator of the Stockholm School of Economics, is looking for a new CEO, as Julia Delin takes on the role as CEO of SSE Ventures (English).
- Amsterdam-headquartered early stage VC firm Peak, which last year opened a Stockholm office led by Indra Sharma, launched its fifth seed fund with a target of €150M, of which around half has been raised. Around one third of the money will be invested in Nordic startups (English, Swedish)
Other interesting things from the startup/VC world & beyond
- How to handle a "no" from investors (English).
- 8 building blocks for scalable sales at seed (English).
- Dealroom analyzed "the next generation of tech ecosystems" (English).
Other interesting things related to Sweden
- After several years of legal conflict with the Swedish Tax Agency about his Bitcoin trading activities, crypto investor Linus Dunkers is sentenced to 14 months in prison for tax and accounting fraud (Swedish, machine translation)
- Einár, Hov1 and Ed Sheeran were the most listened artists on Spotify in Sweden in 2022 (Swedish).
- Bankruptcies in Sweden are at a new record high, and online retailers are hit hardest (Swedish, no machine translation available).
- Anders Bell, Tesla senior director of engineering who joined the EV maker in 2016, returns to Volvo (English).
That's it for today.