Here are today's news from Sweden's startup and tech sector, exclusively for subscribers of Swedish Tech News.
Subscribe to Swedish Tech News to get access to a daily newsletter that brings you a brief overview of news from the Swedish startup & tech sector, curated by Martin Weigert.
Or, if you prefer a free weekly newsletter, subscribe to Swedish Tech Weekly!
- EQT Ventures led a $8.5M seed round raised by UK-based hardware engineering software company Flow (English).
>> Daily updated, subscriber-exclusive Google sheet with all funding rounds raised by private Swedish startups and scaleups.
News from Swedish startups, the tech sector and VCs
- Mylla, Malmö-based online marketplace which lets local farmers sell directly to end consumers, has launched for customers in Stockholm and Gothenburg (Swedish, machine translation).
- A year ago, the London-based Swedish entrepreneur Sanne Fouquet founded microlearning startup Melon. The UK-based company now raised £1.2M (€1.4M, $1.5M) in a pre-seed round led by early-stage VC Peak (English, Swedish).
- Erik de Stefanis, Swedish partner at NYC-based VC firm Interlace Ventures, wrote about Swedish startup "clones" – that is, startups that - whether intentionally or not – are "incredibly similar to existing US-based startups in terms of business model, brand, and messaging" (English).
- Swedish entrepreneurial and innovation platform Techarenan launches a new international event with focus on sustainability. "Techarenan Zero" will take place in Stockholm on 23 March 2023 (English).
- Denmark-headquartered VC firm byFounders opened a Stockholm office this week. Magnus Hambleton, who joined the firm recently, is the first investor based in the Swedish capital (exclusive).
Other interesting things from the startup/VC world & beyond
- Norwegian online grocery store Oda (formerly Kolonial) raised a fresh $151M, but at a lowered valuation of $353M (English).
- German early-stage investor SquareOne (previously Paua Ventures), announced the launch of its third fund at €100M, targeting B2B Enterprise Software / SaaS startups in Europe (English).
- Using ChatGPT to get advice on building a startup (English).
Other interesting things related to Sweden
- Apple launched its self-service repair program in Sweden and other European countries (English). And on December 13, the company will start to sell the HomePod Mini in Sweden (Swedish, machine translation).
- Swedish companies SSAB and TRIWA presented "the world's first consumer product made using fossil-free steel" – a watch (English).
- An experience report from staying at a high-end off-the grid cabin in the Swedish forest (English).
- Sweden's new digital infrastructure for the distribution of reserved train tickets will be based on the international and open standard OSDM (English, Swedish).
That's it for today.