Here are today's news from Sweden's startup and tech sector, plus some interesting reads, exclusively for subscribers of Swedish Tech News.
If you prefer a free weekly newsletter, sign up for Swedish Tech Weekly.
- Adverty (Stockholm, in-game advertising solution): SEK39M (€3.9M, $4.2M) through a rights issue (Swedish, machine translation).
- NitroCapt (Uppsala, fossil-free nitrogen fertilizers and nitric acid): €2.8M ($3.2M) from LRF Ventures, Almi Invest GreenTech, InnoEnergy, SLU Holding and angel investors. €1M of the funding are grants (English / PDF, Swedish).
- Swedish VC firm Backing Minds participated in a €2M ($2.2M) funding round raised by Finnish startup Serviceform, an all-in-one conversion and management software built for established businesses. The money is going to be used for the expansion into Sweden and other markets (English, Swedish).
- Swedish VC firm EQT Ventures does a follow-on investment in Dutch-French micromobility startup Dott, as part of a $70M Series B extension (English).
News from Swedish startups, the tech sector and VCs
- Vässla, Stockholm-based micro-mobility startup, eyes the French market for its pedal-less e-bike subscription offering, after regulatory changes (Swedish, machine translation).
- Opibus, Swedish-Kenyan developer of electric mobility technology for the African market, has launched a solar product for Africa (English).
- iBoxen, Stockholm-based operator of an open infrastructure of delivery boxes, welcomes DHL as latest logistics company joining the service (Swedish, machine translation).
- Last fall, a VOI e-scooter that was lying around caused a cyclist's death in the Swedish town of Västerås. Now a police investigation concluded that no one can be hold responsible for the accident (Swedish, machine translation).
- Yabie, Stockholm-based fintech offering a flexible and mobile POS & payment platform (formerly known as Kaching), generated sales of SEK33M in 2021, an increase of around 500 % compared to 2020 (Swedish, machine translation).
- Hemnet, Sweden's largest real estate platform, grew its revenue in FY 2021 by 33.8 % to SEK728.1M. Operating profit increased 102.6 % to SEK223.9M (English).
Other interesting things from Sweden
- People vaccinated abroad can now apply for a Swedish vaccine pass (English).
That's it for today.