Here is today's curation of news from Sweden's startup and tech sector, as well as some interesting reads, exclusively for subscribers of Swedish Tech News.
Subscribe to Swedish Tech News to get access to a daily newsletter that brings you a brief overview of news from the Swedish startup & tech sector, curated by Martin Weigert.
Or, if you prefer a free weekly newsletter, subscribe to Swedish Tech Weekly!
Mergers & acquisitions
- Turnr (Stockholm, provider of sustainable e-commerce returns) is selling a majority stake to Schibsted. Terms were not disclosed (English, Swedish).
- Volta Trucks (Stockholm, electric truck startup): €230M ($260M) in a Series C funding round led by existing investor Luxor Capital Group, with participation from B-FLEXION and existing investors (English).
- Saga Sleep (Stockholm, Russian-language sleep app with unique sleep stories for kids and adults): SEK10M (€950K, $1.1M) from undisclosed Sweden- and Ukraine-based angel investors (Swedish, machine translation).
- Medoma (Stockholm, provider of tech-enabled hospital level acute care): SEK9M (€840K, $960K) from Segulah and angel investors Sophia Bendz, Sven Hagströmer, Josefin Landgård and Johannes Schildt (Swedish, machine translation).
News from Swedish startups, the tech sector and VCs
- Artely, Stockholm-based marketplace for art founded in 2016, announced that it is including NFTs into its offering (Swedish, machine translation).
- Danish digital banking startup Lunar will launch its crypto exchange "Lunar Block" in Sweden on Wednesday (Swedish, machine translation).
- Foodora, food and quick commerce platform owned by Germany-based Delivery Hero, plans to allow private individuals to sell meals through its platform - starting in the Stockholm's district Nacka (Swedish, machine translation).
- TINC, accelerator for Nordic tech startups run by Nordic Innovation House, opened the applications for Swedish startups for the spring 2022 program (Swedish, English).
Other interesting things from the startup/VC world & beyond
- Is venture funding in a "Minsky boom", with a Minsky bust around the corner (English)?
- As SaaS companies scale, about half of the team will be in sales and marketing (English).
- As a startup, get press by giving journalists something surprising (English).
Other interesting things from Sweden
- Sweden is the country with the largest share of singles utilizing online dating, with 25 % of adult singles saying they used online dating services in 2021 (English, Swedish).
That's it for today.