Here is today's curation of news from Sweden's startup and tech sector, as well as some interesting reads, exclusively for subscribers of Swedish Tech News.
If you prefer a free weekly newsletter, sign up for Swedish Tech Weekly.
Mergers & acquisitions
- &Repeat (Stockholm, operator of a deposit system for collecting disposable food packaging) acquires French startup Bare Pack, which is active in the same segment, for SEK20m (€1.9M, $2.1M) (Swedish, machine translation).
- Saveggy (Lund, maker of bio-based edible vegan coating for fresh fruits & veggies): SEK8M (€760K, $860K) from Almi Invest Greentech, Smile inject capital and Fåhraeus Startup and Growth Fund (English, Swedish).
News from Swedish startups, the tech sector and VCs
- KTH spin-off FLOX anounced the delivery of the first ever fully autonomous drone system equipped to repel wildlife from cultivated lands, to its first customer (English).
- Einride, Gothenburg's intelligent trucking startup, purchases 200 electric trucks from BYD to be deployed in the US using Einride's Saga technology platform (English).
- Surfboard Payments, Stockholm-based payments startup, has launched Surfpay for selected merchants, an app to turn Android phones into contactless payment terminals via NFC (English, Swedish).
- Lassie, Stockholm-based digital insurance provider for pet owners, is about to expand into the German market (Swedish, machine translation).
- A new wave of VR headsets will come with eye tracking features. Anand Srivatsa, CEO of Stockholm-based maker of eye tracking technology Tobii, sees a lot of potential for the technology (English).
Swedish tech earnings reports
- Truecaller (Stockholm, caller-identification service): English.
- Cint (Stockholm, digital insights gathering company): English.
- SaveLend (Stockholm, p2p lending platform): English.
Other interesting things from the startup/VC world & beyond
- EU-initiated impact fund European Circular Bioeconomy Fund (ECBF) closes at €300M to finance firms in bio-based circular economy (English).
- The product-led growth playbook: Europe edition part 1 (English) & part 2 (English).
Other interesting things from Sweden
- Sweden’s population grew by 73,031 people to a grand total of 10,452,326 people in 2021 (English).
That's it for today.