Here is today's curation of news from Sweden's startup and tech sector, as well as some interesting reads, exclusively for subscribers of Swedish Tech News.
Subscribe to Swedish Tech News to get access to a daily newsletter that brings you a brief overview of news from the Swedish startup & tech sector, curated by Martin Weigert.
Or, if you prefer a free weekly newsletter, subscribe to Swedish Tech Weekly!
Mergers & acquisitions
- &Repeat (Stockholm, operator of a deposit system for collecting disposable food packaging) acquires French startup Bare Pack, which is active in the same segment, for SEK20m (€1.9M, $2.1M) (Swedish, machine translation).
- Saveggy (Lund, maker of bio-based edible vegan coating for fresh fruits & veggies): SEK8M (€760K, $860K) from Almi Invest Greentech, Smile inject capital and Fåhraeus Startup and Growth Fund (English, Swedish).
News from Swedish startups, the tech sector and VCs
- KTH spin-off FLOX anounced the delivery of the first ever fully autonomous drone system equipped to repel wildlife from cultivated lands, to its first customer (English).
- Einride, Gothenburg's intelligent trucking startup, purchases 200 electric trucks from BYD to be deployed in the US using Einride's Saga technology platform (English).
- Surfboard Payments, Stockholm-based payments startup, has launched Surfpay for selected merchants, an app to turn Android phones into contactless payment terminals via NFC (English, Swedish).
- Lassie, Stockholm-based digital insurance provider for pet owners, is about to expand into the German market (Swedish, machine translation).
- A new wave of VR headsets will come with eye tracking features. Anand Srivatsa, CEO of Stockholm-based maker of eye tracking technology Tobii, sees a lot of potential for the technology (English).
Swedish tech earnings reports
- Truecaller (Stockholm, caller-identification service): English.
- Cint (Stockholm, digital insights gathering company): English.
- SaveLend (Stockholm, p2p lending platform): English.
Other interesting things from the startup/VC world & beyond
- EU-initiated impact fund European Circular Bioeconomy Fund (ECBF) closes at €300M to finance firms in bio-based circular economy (English).
- The product-led growth playbook: Europe edition part 1 (English) & part 2 (English).
Other interesting things from Sweden
- Sweden’s population grew by 73,031 people to a grand total of 10,452,326 people in 2021 (English).
That's it for today.