Here is today's curation of news from Sweden's startup and tech sector, as well as some interesting reads, exclusively for subscribers of Swedish Tech News.
Subscribe to Swedish Tech News to get access to a daily newsletter that brings you a brief overview of news from the Swedish startup & tech sector, curated by Martin Weigert.
Or, if you prefer a free weekly newsletter, subscribe to Swedish Tech Weekly!
- Depict.ai (Stockholm, product recommendation software startup): $17M in a Series A round led by Tiger Global, with participation from Initialized Capital, EQT Ventures, Y Combinator, and angel investors. The company is led by its co-founder Oliver Edholm, who is only 19 years old and left school at 14 years (English, Swedish / DI Digital paywall).
News from Swedish startups, the tech sector and VCs
- Sebastian Knutsson, co-founder of Stockholm-founded Candy Crush maker King.com, which was acquired by Activision Blizzard in 2016, is leaving the company and his role as creative director, while Activision Blizzard is in the process to be acquired by Microsoft (English / Bloomberg paywall, alternative URL, Swedish / DI Digital paywall).
- 14 climate tech investors share their H1 2022 strategies, among them Heidi Lindvall of Pale Blue Dot and David Frykman of Norrsken VC (English / TechCrunch hard paywall). On the same topic, what European climate tech VCs are looking for, including Pale Blue Dot's Hampus Jakobsson (English / Sifted paywall, alternative URL).
Swedish tech earnings reports
- Greater Than (Stockholm, AI-based predictive risk insights for auto insurance carriers): Swedish, machine translation.
- Albert (Gothenburg, digital learning subscription service for kids and teens): English.
Other interesting things from the startup/VC world & beyond
- Fundraising during an invasion — what it’s like for startups in Ukraine (English).
- Italian BNPL company and Klarna rival Scalapay raises $497M in a Series B round led by Tencent and Willoughby Capital (English).
- Hedge funds might be focusing on early-stage venture in 2022 (English).
That's it for today.