Here is today's curation of news from Sweden's startup and tech sector, as well as some interesting reads, exclusively for subscribers of Swedish Tech News.
If you prefer a free weekly newsletter, sign up for Swedish Tech Weekly.
- Mycorena (Gothenburg, creator of fungi-based vegan protein): €24M ($27M) in a Series A round from undisclosed new and existing investors (English, Swedish).
- Xertified (Uppsala, security solutions for a safer IoT): SEK40M (€3.7M, $4.2M) from MW Group, Combient and Volvo's CEO and previous investor Martin Lundstedt (English, Swedish).
- Diplocs (Stockholm, self-checkout solution for physical retail): SEK2.3M (€220K, $240K) from Odd Bolin, Nils-Olof Ekelöw and other unnamed angel investors (English, Swedish).
News from Swedish startups, the tech sector and VCs
- Heja, Stockholm-based communication platform for sports teams, gives a status update on its ongoing expansion into the US market (Swedish, machine translation).
- Tioex, Stockholm-based platform for investing in private tech companies, is adding Einride to its roster of companies for which it enables the purchase of secondary shares (Swedish, machine translation).
- Klarna accumulated a loss of SEK5.7B (€530M, $600M) during the second half of 2021, compared to SEK824M during the same period of 2020 (Swedish, machine translation).
- Tibber, Swedish/Norwegian technology startup offering a solution to reduce household electricity consumption, grew its customer count from 120,000 to 400,000 last year, and total sales from SEK320M to SEK2.95B (around €280M, $300M) largely due to the spiraling energy prices (Swedish, machine translation).
- Stockholm-based neobank Rocker announced it launched the first biometric payment card in Sweden (English).
- Sellpy, Swedish second hand platform owned by H&M, launched a mobile app for iOS and Android (English).
- Interview with Jenny Keisu, CEO of X Shore, Stockholm-based startup building all-electric boats (Swedish, machine translation).
- Spotify ranks #3 in a new ranking about the United States' most relevant brands of 2022, behind Apple and Peloton (English).
Other interesting things from the startup/VC world & beyond
- European early stage fund Seedcamp published the results of its founder compensation survey, providing a data-driven deep dive into founder salary and equity, from Pre Seed to Series A in Europe and the US (English).
- Finnish VC Vendep Capital had its final closure landing in €70M to invest in about 20 early-stage SaaS startups from the Nordics and Baltics (English).
- Hockey stick growth is deceptive: It’s almost impossible to know you’re on one until you’re already leaving the stratosphere (English).
- A list of 130+ women CTOs in Europe (English / Sifted soft paywall, alternative URL).
Other interesting things from Sweden
- How IKEA tricks customers into buying more stuff (English).
That's it for today.