Here is today's curation of news from Sweden's startup and tech sector, as well as some interesting reads, exclusively for subscribers of Swedish Tech News.
If you prefer a free weekly newsletter, sign up for Swedish Tech Weekly.
Mergers & acquisitions
- NetOnNet (Borås, online electronics retailer) is being acquired by Norwegian competitor Komplett Group for SEK3.7B (€360M, $400M), will remain an independent brand (English, Swedish).
- Avy and Tmpl, Swedish startups offering digital solutions for the rental industry, are merging to form "the leading housing app and Tenant Experience platform in the Nordics" (English, Swedish).
- Swedish VC firm EQT Ventures led a $30M Series B funding round raised by US-based product-led sales platform Endgame (English).
News from Swedish startups, the tech sector and VCs
- Swish is integrating with Dutch payments company Adyen - the first non-Nordic financial institution to partner with the ubiqutious Swedish p2p payment app (Swedish, machine translation).
- A list of the 17 startups that just joined Stockholm-based accelerator and incubator Sting (English).
- The Swedish Competition Authority approves the acquisition of online grocery store Mat.se by competitor Mathem (English, Swedish).
Other interesting things from the startup/VC world & beyond
- Europe’s Chips Act to bake in up to €2B in funding support for startups and scale-ups (English).
- European Commission adopts EIC work programme for 2022, unlocks €1.7B in funding (English).
- Neobanks’ biggest challenge isn’t growth. It’s fraud (English).
- Apple announces new Tap to Pay feature that turns iPhones into contactless payment terminals - US only for now (English).
Other interesting things from Sweden
- This summer, the City of Stockholm will temporarily convert 42 streets and squares into pedestrian areas - 13 more than 2021 (Swedish, machine translation).
- Swedish convenience store chain Pressbyrån now acceps online orders for rapid delivery, partners with Uber Eats (Swedish, machine translation).
That's it for today.