Here is today's curation of news from Sweden's startup and tech sector.
Subscribe to Swedish Tech News to get access to a daily newsletter that brings you a brief overview of news from the Swedish startup & tech sector, curated by Martin Weigert.
Or, if you prefer a free weekly newsletter, subscribe to Swedish Tech Weekly!
- Yabie (Stockholm, flexible and mobile POS & payment platform): SEK160M (€15M, $16M) in a funding round led by Absolut Unlisted, with participation from existing investors Swedbank, NFT Ventures, Brightly Ventures and Ilija Batljan (English, Swedish / DI Digital paywall).
- Dework (Stockholm, web3-native collaboration tool combining features from Trello and LinkedIn): $5M in a seed round co-led by Paradigm and Pace Capital, with participiation from angel investors such as Adam Jafer, Fredrik Hjälm, Balaji Srinivasan and Sandeep Nailwal (English, Swedish).
- Fashion Tech Group (Stockholm, direct-to-consumer brand accelerator): SEK9.3M (€890K, $950K) from undisclosed investors at a pre-money valuation of SEK53M (Swedish, machine translation).
- Pigello (Stockholm, SaaS platform for property management): SEK8M (€760K, $820K) from existing investors such as PropTech Farm (Swedish, machine translation).
- Esther's (Stockholm, online community for interior design to monetize creator marketing): SEK6.25M (€600K, $640K) from angel investors Per Josefsson, Johanna Schottenius, David Klagsbrun and Niclas Winroth (Swedish, machine translation).
- Niklas Adalberth invested a "high 7-digit Euro amount" in German cleantech aggregator 1KOMMA5°, according to the company's founder and CEO Philipp Schröder (German, machine translation). UPDATE June 3: The investment was done through Norrsken VC, which today published a press release (Swedish, machine translation).
>> Daily updated, subscriber-exclusive Google sheet with all funding rounds raised by private Swedish startups and scaleups. Request access.
News from Swedish startups, the tech sector and VCs
- Stockholm-based social robotics startups Furhat is relaunching Misty Robotics by targeting the education space, after having acquiring the business assets of the US-based personal robots maker in the beginning of 2022 (English).
- Video game holding company Embracer is establishing a games archive at its hub in Karlstad to "save as much of the games industry as possible". 50,000 "games, consoles, and accessories" have already successfully been archived (English).
Other interesting things from the startup/VC world & beyond
- Good news for SaaS: Salesforce just announced a record quarter and says it's not seeing any downturn or deceleration (English).
- Menopause is underfunded (English).
Other interesting things related to Sweden
- A claim has gone viral on Twitter and Reddit that children over at friends' houses in Sweden are not offered food at dinner, and are instead told to wait in their friends' room while the hosting family eats (English / The Local soft paywall, alternative URL).
- Bankruptcies in Sweden reached a 10-year low during the first 5 months of 2022 (Swedish, machine translation).
- Volvo will use Epic’s Unreal Engine to create "photorealistic" graphics in its electric cars (English).
That's it for today.