Here is today's curation of news from Sweden's startup and tech sector.
Subscribe to Swedish Tech News to get access to a daily newsletter that brings you a brief overview of news from the Swedish startup & tech sector, curated by Martin Weigert.
Or, if you prefer a free weekly newsletter, subscribe to Swedish Tech Weekly!
- Njord Medtech (Gothenburg, solutions for a patient and user-centric healthcare system): SEK8M (€750K, $800K) from Almi Invest, Gobia, IDA and other undisclosed investors (Swedish, machine translation).
- As a follow-on investment, Creandum participated in a €30M funding round raised by German B2B ground transportation marketplace Distribusion (English).
>> Daily updated, subscriber-exclusive Google sheet with all funding rounds raised by private Swedish startups and scaleups. Request access.
News from Swedish startups, the tech sector and VCs
- Juni was valued at a hefty SEK6.4B (€600M, $630M) post-money during the massive funding round that was announced last week, according to DI - only 2 years after the company's launch. Co-founder and CEO Samir El-Sabini doesn't want to comment (Swedish / DI Digital paywall, Swedish #2, machine translation).
- Tangy Market is a fresh Stockholm-based startup founded by Linda Portnoff, offering an app-based marketplace for music that lets anyone invest in songs and share the profits from the music industry (Swedish, machine translation). Notably for this kind of concept, the company doesn't mention "blockchain" anywhere on its site, although with Niklas Nelldal, it lists a blockchain expert on its team page.
- Danish wine online store Winefinder won a legal dispute with the Swedish alcohol monopoly Systembolaget and may continue to sell alcohol from Denmark to customers in Sweden (Swedish, machine translation).
- Uber is increasing the number of Swedish cities in which it operates its transportation service UberX from 4 to 6, by launching in Västerås and Örebro (Swedish, machine translation).
Other interesting things from the startup/VC world & beyond
- German VC firm Blueyard launched its new fund with a volume of $185M (English).
- A different take on downrounds: "The real way for investors to support founders and preserve cheap option value and for founders to reward early backers is to shut down and raise anew. Keep the team together and keep the relationships intact" (English).
- The end of the millennial lifestyle subsidy (aka massive discounts handed out by urban tech companies) (English)
Other interesting things related to Sweden
- Sweden's inflation rate was 7.2 percent in May 2022 (English).
- Swedish commercial vehicle maker Scania has debuted its regional long-haul electric truck (English).
That's it for today.