Here is today's curation of news from Sweden's startup and tech sector.
Subscribe to Swedish Tech News to get access to a daily newsletter that brings you a brief overview of news from the Swedish startup & tech sector, curated by Martin Weigert.
Or, if you prefer a free weekly newsletter, subscribe to Swedish Tech Weekly!
- Kivra (Stockholm, digital mailbox service): SEK320M (€30M, $31M) from existing investors 41:an Invest and FAM, at a valuation of SEK3B (€280M, $290M) (Swedish / DI Digital paywall, Swedish #2, machine translation).
- Teamtailor (Stockholm, recruitment & talent marketing platform): €10M ($10.5M) in a funding round led by existing investor Sprints Capital, at a post-money valuation of SEK3.5B (€330M, $340M) (English / Sifted soft paywall, alternative URL, Swedish).
- Telness Tech (Stockholm, next-generation cloud-based telecom solutions spun out of Telness): €8.5M ($8.8M) in a Series A round led by Industrifonden along with participation from existing investor, JCE Group. The new funds will be used to expand to new markets, starting with the Netherlands and the UK (English).
- Brick (Stockholm, network for power bank-sharing): $3M in a seed round led by Fåhraeus Startup and Growth, with participation from Fast Track Malmö and angel investors Filip Larsson (English).
- GOATLANE (Stockholm, D2C footwear brand creating golf sneakers): €500K ($520K) in a seed round from angel investors Henrik Grundén and Juri Gendelman (English).
- Creandum led a €8M ($8.4M) seed round raised by German startup Project Eaden, which is aiming to "reinvent plant-based meat from the fiber up" (English).
- Luminar Ventures participated in a €4M ($4.2M) seed round raised by Vibrant, a Denmark-based app that turns Android mobile devices into a point of sale (English).
In total for June 2022, I tracked 52 funding rounds by private Swedish startups and scaleups raising almost SEK6.3B (€590M, $610M). Check out the daily updated Google Sheet if you want to see them all at a glance. Access is included in your Swedish Tech News subscription.
News from Swedish startups, the tech sector and VCs
- Gothenburg-based FlexQube, a technology company founded in 2010 offering solutions for cart-based material handling using a patented modular concept, secured a $1.5M order from Amazon (English).
- BLING Startup launched the pre-seed VC fund BLING Capital, starting with SEK30M (€2.8M, $2.9M) of which half has been raised so far from Pär-Jörgen Pärson and Johan Karlsson. The fund, led by Deqa Abukar and Adnan Yousuf, will invest amounts of up to SEK1M in Sweden-based startups founded by entrepreneurs from underrepresented backgrounds (Swedish, machine translation).
Swedish tech earnings reports
- Budbee (Stockholm, last-mile logistics for e-commerce): Swedish, machine translation.
- Mindler (Stockholm, digital service for talking with psychologists): Swedish, machine translation.
Other interesting things from the startup/VC world & beyond
- Newly launched Germany-based women-led VC firm Green Generation Fund closed a €100M early-stage impact fund, looking to invest in foodtech and greentech startups in Europe and the US (German, machine translation).
- Y Combinator announced Launch YC, a way for its portfolio to shout to the public. Looks like a a Product Hunt competitor (English).
Other interesting things related to Sweden
- Sweden’s central bank hikes the policy interest rate by 0.5 percentage points to 0.75% (English, Swedish).
- The Swedish wind farm and solar developer OX2 has applied for a permit to build a massive 5.5 gigawatt (GW) offshore wind farm in the Baltic Sea. If approved, it will be the largest single offshore wind farm in the world (English).
That's it for today.