Here is today's curation of news from Sweden's startup and tech sector, as well as some interesting reads.
Subscribe to Swedish Tech News to get access to a daily newsletter that brings you a brief overview of news from the Swedish startup & tech sector, curated by Martin Weigert.
Or, if you prefer a free weekly newsletter, subscribe to Swedish Tech Weekly!
Mergers & acquisitions
- Debricked (Malmö, automated cybersecurity platform for open source management) was acquired by UK-headquartered global software company Micro Focus through its security division CyberRes. Financial terms were not disclosed. According to Breakit, the estimated price might be around SEK250M (€24M, $26M) (English, Swedish / Breakit paywall, Swedish #2).
- IPercept (Stockholm, solutions for automated diagnostics and monitoring of industrial equipment): SEK5.5M (€520K, $570K) from Almi Invest and unnamed angel investors (Swedish, machine translation).
>> Daily updated, subscriber-exclusive Google sheet with all funding rounds raised by private Swedish startups and scaleups. Request access.
News from Swedish startups, the tech sector and VCs
- Lund-based electrical car startup Uniti (website down, archived version) has filed for bankrupcy, while CEO Lewis Hornes is on a sailing trip around the world (Swedish, machine translation).
- Interview with Jonas Bylander, who is in charge of Sweden's SEK1B research programme to build a quantum computer at the Wallenberg Centre for Quantum Technology, WACQT (Swedish, machine translation).
- Northvolt announced its intention to establish its third battery gigafactory in Germany (English, Swedish).
- Avanza, Stockholm-based finance and broker app, is collaborating with crypto exchange Safello to potentially integrate crypto services into its offering (Swedish, machine translation)
- Swedish drone startups Skyqraft and Katla Aero are adapting to industry regulation changes that promise to make it easier for companies to operate and expand across borders in the European Union (English).
- 12 startups will pitch at the upcoming Almi Pitch 2022 event on March 30 and April 1 in Åre: Feedbackfrog, AlixLabs, FineCell, OmMej, ApoGlyx, Taigatech, PlantVation, VIDEM, Glenntex, Smart Climate, Stockholm Water Technology and InstaSport (Swedish, machine translation).
- Rebecka Löthman Rydå just joined Inventure as Sweden-based Investment Director, and she's particularly focused on startups that make smart use of AI (Swedish, machine translation).
Other interesting things from the startup/VC world & beyond
- Mountside Ventures and Landscape VC analysed term sheets from over 200 European VC funds (English).
- The challenge for founders to understand how long they should wait for their startup to succeed (English).
Other interesting things from Sweden
- Sweden to give out SEK14B (€1.3B, $1.5B) in fuel and power subsidies (English).
That's it for today.