Here is today's curation of news from Sweden's startup and tech sector.
If you prefer a free weekly newsletter, sign up for Swedish Tech Weekly.
Mergers & acquisitions
- PS Auction (Malmö, online auction platform) was acquired by Dutch online auction company TBAuctions. Financials were not disclosed (English).
- Call Knut (Helsingborg, developer of an upcoming communication software designed to check in on the elderly): SEK2M (€190K, $210K) from SmiLe Inject Capital (English, Swedish).
- Kinnevik co-led a $120M Series B round raised by UK-based SaaS employment platform Omnipresent (English).
- Summa Equity invested an undisclosed amount in Dutch online auction company TBAuctions (English).
>> Daily updated, subscriber-exclusive Google sheet with all funding rounds raised by private Swedish startups and scaleups. Request access.
News from Swedish startups, the tech sector and VCs
- WeTal, Stockholm-based career marketplace for coders, launched a tool to match Ukrainian developers with Swedish companies that would relocate them or support remote workers (Swedish, machine translation).
- With fresh funding from Heartland Ventures, Danish summerhouse sharing platform Landfolk plans to expand into Sweden (English).
Other interesting things from the startup/VC world & beyond
Other interesting things from Sweden
- Klimatkollen is a newly launched project highlighting the progress of Sweden's municipalities since the 2015 Paris Agreement (Swedish, machine translation).
- Swedish bank SEB will finally support Apple Pay for its payment cards, starting later this year. SEB is the last of the country's major banks to do so (Swedish, machine translation).
- Swedish royal finances are going to become more transparent (English).
That's it for today.