Here is today's curation of news from Sweden's startup and tech sector, as well as some interesting reads.
Subscribe to Swedish Tech News to get access to a daily newsletter that brings you a brief overview of news from the Swedish startup & tech sector, curated by Martin Weigert.
Or, if you prefer a free weekly newsletter, subscribe to Swedish Tech Weekly!
- Ligna Energy (Norrköping, manufacturer of sustainable bio-batteries for small and large scale energy storage): €1.3M ($1.5M) from undisclosed new and existing investors (English).
- Swedish impact fund Norrsken VC co-led a $3.8M seed funding round raised by US-based AI-powered digital health platform juli (English).
News from Swedish startups, the tech sector and VCs
- Doktor.se, Stockholm-based digital healthcare provider, is scrapping its IPO plan for the time being due to the "challenging market climate". Instead, the company might raise another funding round to be able to keep expanding, says co-founder and CEO Martin Lindman (Swedish / DI Digital paywall).
- Swedish crypto exchange Safello launched a feature to seamlessly donate Bitcoin to the Ukrainian government. One neither needs an account nor to own Bitcoin - payment is processed through Swish (Swedish, machine translation).
- Truecaller announced 250 million daily active users (English).
- Europe urgently needs a legal framework for flying vehicles, says Peter Ternstrom, co-founder and President of Swedish electric vertical take-off and landing (eVTOL) vehicle company Jetson, in this background article on how the startup came to be (English).
- Stockholm-based investment company Flat Capital purchased a small SEK19M (€1.8M, $2M) stake in the US-based messaging platform Discord from an existing shareholder (English, Swedish).
Other interesting things from the startup/VC world & beyond
- German eVTOL startup Volocopter announced the “first signing” of a Series E round that’s provided the firm with $170M (English).
- A curated list of tech companies that have ceased operations in Russia in response to Russia's invasion of Ukraine (English).
Other interesting things from Sweden
- Volvo is testing wireless EV charging tech in Gothenburg (English).
- Sweden’s military reserve gets two years of applications in nine days (English / The Local paywall, alternative URL).
That's it for today.