Here is today's curation of news from Sweden's startup and tech sector, exclusively for subscribers of Swedish Tech News.
- Moralis (Stockholm, Web3 development platform): $40M in a Series A funding round from Coinbase Ventures, Fabric Ventures, Dispersion Capital and existing investor EQT Ventures (English, Swedish).
>> Daily updated, subscriber-exclusive Google sheet with all funding rounds raised by private Swedish startups and scaleups. Request access.
News from Swedish startups, the tech sector and VCs
- Voxo, Stockholm-based platform for extracting, analysing and visualising voice data, released a new speech-to-text engine fine-tuned for the Swedish language. The company claims it is 60 percent more accurate than alternatives like Google and Speechmatics (English).
- Hampus Jakobsson, partner at Malmö-based VC firm Pale Blue Dot, on the current market condition: "We have had two to three years when all the water in the world turned into mercury and everything floated. Now mercury is turning back into water and we will see which boats are full of holes" (English / Sifted soft paywall, alternative URL).
- Swedish company 4C Strategies, which provides "organisational readiness and military training management solutions", plans to go public this quarter at the Nasdaq First North Growth Market (Swedish / DI Digital).
Swedish tech earnings reports
Other interesting things from the startup/VC world & beyond
- Tiger Global hit by $17B losses in tech rout (English / FT paywall, alternative URL).
- UK-based Fasanara rolls out $350M VC fund to back European fintech and crypto startups (English).
- How founders can avoid bad surprises when planning for fast growth (English).
Other interesting things from Sweden
- Stockholm Public Transport (SL) is starting to roll out live camera surveillance. Until now, recordings could only be accessed retroactively (Swedish, machine translation).
That's it for today.