Here is today's curation of news from Sweden's startup and tech sector, exclusively for subscribers of Swedish Tech News.
Subscribe to Swedish Tech News to get access to a daily newsletter that brings you a brief overview of news from the Swedish startup & tech sector, curated by Martin Weigert.
Or, if you prefer a free weekly newsletter, subscribe to Swedish Tech Weekly!
Mergers & acquisitions
- foreseeti (Stockholm, provider of automated threat modeling and attack simulation solutions) was acquired by Google according to Swedish media reports. Financial details are not known (Swedish / Breakit paywall, Swedish #2, machine translation).
- Doktor.se (Stockholm, digital healthcare provider) acquires Stockholm-based startup Lifecaddy Health, which offers a digital vaccination data solution. Financials were not disclosed (Swedish, machine translation).
- Renewcell (Stockholm, recycling technology for textile): SEK324M (€31M, $32M) through a directed share issue (English, Swedish / DI Digital paywall).
- Fenix (Stockholm, digital provider of funeral services): SEK69M (€6.6M, $6.8M) in a funding round led by Zaal Management, with participation from existing investors such as Brightly Ventures (English, Swedish).
>> Daily updated, subscriber-exclusive Google sheet with all funding rounds raised by private Swedish startups and scaleups. Request access.
News from Swedish startups, the tech sector and VCs
- Klarna is launching a virtual-shopping feature that allows retailers to provide consumers with the ability to connect with sales associates through chat and video calls (English). The company is also introducing a flexible working policy that lets employees pick between staying at home or going to the office (English).
- Since 2017, the 3 Swedish digital healthcare providers Doktor.se, Kry and Min Doktor have opened or taken over a total of 43 physical healthcare centres in Sweden (Swedish, machine translation).
- Spotify tests letting artists promote NFTs on their profiles (English).
- Mimi Billing met Swedish veteran VC PJ Pärson, since 2004 at Northzone, for brunch to talk about the early days, his early Spotify investment, bad actors and other things (English / Sifted soft paywall, alternative URL).
Swedish tech earnings reports
- Awardit (Stockholm, SaaS provider of loyalty programs): Swedish, machine translation.
- Safello (Stockholm, cryptocurrency exchange): Swedish, machine translation.
- Greater Than (Stockholm, AI-based predictive risk insights for auto insurance carriers): Swedish, machine translation.
- Twiik (Malmö, online coaching tool and marketplace): English.
Other interesting things from Sweden
- Foot traffic to Stockholm's central shopping area is now higher than before the pandemic (Swedish, machine translation).
- After the introduction of a tax on plastic bags, the number of sold plastic bags dropped by 75% in 2021 (Swedish, machine translation).
That's it for today.