Here is today's curation of news from Sweden's startup and tech sector, exclusively for subscribers of Swedish Tech News.
If you prefer a weekly newsletter, sign up for Swedish Tech Weekly.
Mergers & acquisitions
- Convini (Stockholm, operator of smart food and beverage vending machines for offices) acquires bankrupt Germany-based competitor HelloFreshGo (spun off of HelloFresh in 2018) for an undisclosed amount (Swedish, machine translation).
- Monu (Stockholm, B2B open banking platform for distribution of fixed income products) is being acquired by Stockholm-based property management and residential services company Odevo. Financials were not disclosed (Swedish, machine translation).
- Budbee (Stockholm, last-mile logistics for e-commerce): SEK400M (€38M, $40M) from existing investors Kinnevik, H&M, AMF, Flat Capital and others, as well as from its employees, at a valuation of SEK7.3B (English, Swedish).
>> Daily updated, subscriber-exclusive Google sheet with all funding rounds raised by private Swedish startups and scaleups. Request access.
News from Swedish startups, the tech sector and VCs
- Einride held its first ever "Mesh" conference in Gothenburg, where the intelligent trucking startup presented an impressive looking battery electric trailer (English).
- Truecaller looks to get competition in its main market India: The country's Telecom Regulatory Authority TRAI is reportedly planning to build its own rival (English).
Other interesting things from the startup/VC world & beyond
- The 17 European startups selected by Sequoia’s accelerator - none from Sweden (English / Sifted soft paywall, alternative URL).
Other interesting things from Sweden
- Sweden's Cental Bank (Riksbanken) launches service for instant payments between banks RIX-INST (English, Swedish).
That's it for today.