Here is today's curation of news from Sweden's startup and tech sector, exclusively for subscribers of Swedish Tech News.
If you prefer a weekly newsletter, sign up for Swedish Tech Weekly.
- Tebrito (Orsa, developer of a protein food ingredient derived from mealworms): SEK30M (€2.8M, $3M) from Almi Invest, Creality, Aqil and Crosslight Food (Swedish, machine translation).
- Migränhjälpen (Stockholm, provider of digital health services focused on treatment of migranes): SEK10M (€940M, $1M) from among others Almi Invest, Curus and LSI Beta (Swedish, machine translation).
>> Daily updated, subscriber-exclusive Google sheet with all funding rounds raised by private Swedish startups and scaleups. Request access.
News from Swedish startups, the tech sector and VCs
- "Kry Connect", a service offered by digital healthcare provider Kry to healthcare personell, accidentally transmitted patient contact data to Facebook (Swedish, machine translation).
- Over 500 laid-off Klarna employees are voluntarily sharing their details in a Google Sheet. Let's hope this information won't be exploited by scammers (English).
- Bootstrapped Landskrona-based startup Yelte is developing a milk product made from hemp (Swedish, machine translation)
- Sweden-based protagonists that were recognized at the Nordic Startup Awards 2022: Chalmers Ventures ("Best VC"), Shameek Ghosh, CEO of Stockholm-based TrusTrace ("Founder of the year"), Impact Hub Stockholm ("Best co-working space") (English).
Other interesting things from the startup/VC world & beyond
- Just 15% of general partners (GPs) at European VCs are women. They also have less carry than their male peers and fewer seats on investment committees (English / Sifted soft paywall, alternative URL).
- The bull market is over… What are the implications for venture capital? (English).
That's it for today.