Here is today's curation of news from Sweden's startup and tech sector, exclusively for subscribers of Swedish Tech News.
If you prefer a weekly newsletter, sign up for Swedish Tech Weekly.
Mergers & acquisitions
- BehavioSec (Luleå-founded, San Francisco headquartered behavioral biometrics and continuous authentication solutions provider) was acquired by US-based company LexisNexis. Financials were not disclosed (English, Sweden).
- Hypertype (Stockholm, AI-based solution for smart sales communication): SEK12M (€1.2M, $1.2M) in a pre-seed round led by Luminar Ventures, with participation from Antler, Propel Capital, Sting and angel investors such as Charlotte Söderhjelm, Fredrik Olsson, Peggy Poon, Siddharth Khullar, Marcus Böstrom and Christian Backman (English, Swedish).
>> Daily updated, subscriber-exclusive Google sheet with all funding rounds raised by private Swedish startups and scaleups. Request access.
News from Swedish startups, the tech sector and VCs
- Truecaller made it as only Swedish company onto SensorTower's list of the global most downloaded mobile apps during Q1 (English).
- Gothenburg-based startup Modvion inaugurated the world's first factory for building modular wind turbine towers made of wood (Swedish, machine translation).
- AI Medical Technologies has developed an AI-based decision support tool enabling faster and more accurate diagnosis of skin cancers. The Stockholm-based startup is now launching a clinical trial with 30 Swedish primary care clinics (Swedish, machine translation).
- Swedish real estate company Revelop has bought a stake in Stockholm-based startup Myrspoven, operator of a cloud platform for AI-based energy optimization in buildings, through a secondary transaction (English, Swedish).
- I published a piece with advice for Swedish startups on how to make sure their news release is being noticed. One point I make: They should use Twitter. Many don't (English).
Swedish tech earnings reports
- Linas matkasse (LMK Group) (meal kit delivery service): English.
- BeammWave (Lund, developer of an antenna technology for 5G): Swedish, machine translation.
Other interesting things from the startup/VC world & beyond
- Funding to EU startups slows sharply after brisk start in 2022 (English).
Other interesting things from Sweden
That's it for today.