Here is today's curation of news from Sweden's startup and tech sector, exclusively for subscribers of Swedish Tech News.
Subscribe to Swedish Tech News to get access to a daily newsletter that brings you a brief overview of news from the Swedish startup & tech sector, curated by Martin Weigert.
Or, if you prefer a free weekly newsletter, subscribe to Swedish Tech Weekly!
- Chroma (Stockholm, startup building audio technology specifically for mobile devices): €5.1M ($5.4M) in a seed round led by Singular and Adjacent, with participation from SpotiAngels as well as Twitter co-founder Biz Stone and Pinterest co-founder Evan Sharp (English, Swedish).
- Vitala (Stockholm, medical exercise and digital rehabilitation for patients with chronic health conditions): SEK9M (€860K, $900K) from Veq, Partnerinvest Norr and Patrik Frisk, for the launch of an upcoming SaaS platform aimed at healthcare providers (English, Swedish).
>> Daily updated, subscriber-exclusive Google sheet with all funding rounds raised by private Swedish startups and scaleups. Request access.
News from Swedish startups, the tech sector and VCs
- Tioex, Stockholm-based platform that allows individuals to invest in private tech companies, has reached the milestone of SEK100M in invested capital (Swedish, machine translation).
- Boneo, Stockholm-based real estate marketplace trying to challenge the so far undisputed top dog Hemnet, is currently raising fresh funding in an ongoing round, and has released some financial numbers for 2021 (Swedish, machine translation).
- Spotify CEO Daniel EK tweets that he is buying Spotify stock for $50M (English).
Swedish tech earnings reports
Other interesting things from the startup/VC world & beyond
- It's a good time to be vigilant about signals that could indicate a pending cashflow shockwave - a sudden increase in burn (English).
- The boom in b2b SaaS companies means experienced sales personnel is in high demand and often hard to come by. Companies need to invest in developing their own sellers. Here's a list of needed skills (English).
That's it for today.