Here are today's news from Sweden's startup and tech sector, exclusively for subscribers of Swedish Tech News.
Subscribe to Swedish Tech News to get access to a daily newsletter that brings you a brief overview of news from the Swedish startup & tech sector, curated by Martin Weigert.
Or, if you prefer a free weekly newsletter, subscribe to Swedish Tech Weekly!
- Volta Trucks (Stockholm, electric truck manufacturer): €60M ($62M) Series C extension round, from existing investors (English).
- pod.space (Stockholm, podcast hosting platform): SEK7.5 (€700K, $720K) from Co_Made and the Acast founders Karl Rosander and Måns Ulvestam (Swedish / Breakit paywall).
- In a follow-on investment, Creandum partipcated in a $7M seed round raised by Berlin-based productivity app Amie (English).
>> Daily updated, subscriber-exclusive Google sheet with all funding rounds raised by private Swedish startups and scaleups.
News from Swedish startups, the tech sector and VCs
- Brief profile of Eneryield, a startup from Gothenburg founded in 2019 by Ebrahim Balouji, Karl Bäckström and Johan Rådemar. The company is developing AI-based technologies for electric power systems and is currently developing its business through the Techstars Accelerator – though not in Stockholm, but in the US (English, Swedish).
- Bashi, Stockholm-based online healthcare guide for patients founded by Shina Hagh, Biyan Kaya and Dilan Kaya, has launched. In April this year, the startup announced having raised SEK10M (Swedish).
Swedish tech earnings
- byWiT (Stockholm, investment company focusing on "digital challengers") published its Q3 2022 interim report (Swedish / PDF).
Other interesting things from the startup/VC world & beyond
- The tech industry is experiencing a midlife crisis (English).
- How to restructure a startup to increase chances for survival (English).
- Slush published lots of videos from speeches and discussions that took place on this year's conference (English).
Other interesting things related to Sweden
That's it for today.