Here are today's news from Sweden's startup and tech sector, exclusively for subscribers of Swedish Tech News.
Subscribe to Swedish Tech News to get access to a daily newsletter that brings you a brief overview of news from the Swedish startup & tech sector, curated by Martin Weigert.
Or, if you prefer a free weekly newsletter, subscribe to Swedish Tech Weekly!
- Bodil (Stockholm, fintech providing bridge financing for borrowers looking to buy a house): SEK110M (€10M, $10M) from real estate company Einar Mattsson and YLD (English, Swedish / Di paywall).
- Atlar (Stockholm, bank payments platform for automated money movement): $5M in a seed round led by Index Ventures, with participation from La Famiglia VC, Cocoa and business angels including Mikko Salovaara, Thijn Lamers and Jan Kemper (English, Swedish).
- Ecohelix (Stockholm, developer of proprietary biopolymer processing technology): €3M ($3M) in a bridge round led by existing investors Molindo Energy and Almi Invest GreenTech. The core team of employees also participated (English).
- Qliro (publ) (Stockholm, payments solution for e-commerce, and financial services provider for consumers): SEK10.1M (€940K, $940K) through a directed share issue (English / PDF, Swedish).
- RemotiveLabs (Malmö, software platform for automotive developers): SEK9M (€830K, $830K) from Almi Invest, Volvo Cars Tech Fund and angel investor Anette Saleskog, for the international expansion (English, Swedish).
- Saga Sleep / Stella Sleep (Stockholm, sleeping app for kids): Around SEK3.2M (€300K, $300K) from new and existing angel investors, including Uldis Cerps, Joel Nisses, Maria Rankka, Henrik Wrangel, Johan Rosenberg and Carl-Johan Westring (English).
>> Daily updated, subscriber-exclusive Google sheet with all funding rounds raised by private Swedish startups and scaleups.
News from Swedish startups, the tech sector and VCs
- Sifted did some digging on Spotify founder Daniel Ek’s secret healthtech startup HJN Sverige (English).
- Gordon Delivery, Stockholm-based smart urban logistics provider for food home deliveries, is currently testing a new packaging solution for circular home deliveries, for which it has registered a patent application (English).
- Profile of Relox Robotics, the Stockholm-based startup developing an autonomous robots-as-a-service offering for picking golf balls at a golf range (Swedish, machine translation).
- Eppow is the new name of Stockholm-based digital healthcare staffing marketplace MyPick. The founders Meybod Kia and Hani Movahed are now launching a global expansion (Swedish, machine translation).
- Ligna Energy, Norrköping-based manufacturer of sustainable bio-batteries for small and large scale energy storage, is seeking to raise SEK50M (€4.6M, $4.6M) for mass production and distribution of its wooden supercapacitor (Swedish / NyTeknik paywall).
- Informed, the Berlin-based curated news subscription platform co-founded by Swedish investor and former Spotify exec Axel Bard Bringéus, has officially launched (Swedish / Di Digital paywall).
- With new Copenhagen-based Principal Jasenko Hadzic, Backing Minds is expanding into Denmark (English).
- 🎧 Podcast interview with Johan Hägglund, who previously co-founded Digiexam and is now running startup secondaries investing platform Tioex, on his journey and the current market climate (Swedish / 52 minutes).
Swedish tech earnings reports
Other interesting things from the startup/VC world & beyond
- Interview about the past, present, and future of Silicon Valley's popular accelerator Y Combinator, with its outgoing President Geoff Ralston (English).
Other interesting things related to Sweden
- The new Swedish government is ending the SEK70,000 bonus for the purchase of new EVs, with immediate effect (Swedish, machine translation).
- 53% of Swedes expect the country to be completey cash-free in 20 years, according to this year's edition of the report "Sverige Betalar" (Swedish, machine translation).
That's it for today.