Here are today's news from Sweden's startup and tech sector, exclusively for subscribers of Swedish Tech News.
Subscribe to Swedish Tech News to get access to a daily newsletter that brings you a brief overview of news from the Swedish startup & tech sector, curated by Martin Weigert.
Or, if you prefer a free weekly newsletter, subscribe to Swedish Tech Weekly!
- Estrid (Stockholm, razor subscription brand): SEK280M (€25.5M, $25M) in a mix of SEK100M in debt funding from Ark Kapital, and SEK180M in equity funding from a host of new angel investors, among them Silvana Imam, Siduri Poli, Sebastian Knutsson and Fredrik Hjelm. Existing angel investors are participating as well, including John Lindfors, Ingrid Bojner and Stefan Linder. The cash was raised at a pre-money valuation of SEK2B (Swedish / Di Digital paywall, Swedish #2, machine translation).
- Fernita (Helsingborg, end-of-life planning service): SEK6M (€550K, $540K) from undisclosed investors (Swedish, machine translation).
- Saveggy (Lund, bio-based edible vegan coating for fresh fruits & veggies): SEK3.9M (€360K, $350K) grant from Agricultural European Innovation Partnership (Swedish, machine translation).
- Norrsken VC participated in a $30M Series A round raised by UK-based biotech Ochre Bio, which develops RNA treatments for liver disease (English).
- In a follow-on investment, EQT Ventures participated in a €104M ($102M) Series E funding round of equity and debt raised by German software and services vacation rental startup Holidu (English).
>> Daily updated, subscriber-exclusive Google sheet with all funding rounds raised by private Swedish startups and scaleups.
News from Swedish startups, the tech sector and VCs
- Sweden's 33 top young (mostly deep) tech startups in 2022, according to NyTeknik (Swedish, machine translation).
- Stockholm-based VenturePort has launched the private beta of its investor relations platform, which is "designed to make it easy for startups to keep investors happy". The startup is majority owned by Stockholm-based venture developer Katalysen Ventures, which was its founding partner (English).
- Curus sent out another press release about an upcoming funding round, this time regarding Geras Solutions, Stockholm-based creator of digital solutions for people impacted by dementia. Here's the deck (English / PDF).
Swedish tech earnings reports
- Hemnet (Stockholm, Sweden's largest property platform): English, Swedish.
- VNV Global (Stockholm, investment company): English (PDF).
Other interesting things from the startup/VC world & beyond
- European industrial tech startups are on track to raise more funding in 2022 than in any previous year (English).
- A complete guide to the rules of VC (English).
Other interesting things related to Sweden
That's it for today.