Here are today's news from Sweden's startup and tech sector, exclusively for subscribers of Swedish Tech News.
Subscribe to Swedish Tech News to get access to a daily newsletter that brings you a brief overview of news from the Swedish startup & tech sector, curated by Martin Weigert.
Or, if you prefer a free weekly newsletter, subscribe to Swedish Tech Weekly!
- Paebbl (Stockholm/Helsinki/Rotterdam, developer of carbon-negative construction material): €8M ($8M) in a seed round from Pale Blue Dot, Walerud Ventures, 2050 and Grantham Foundation. The company was founded in 2021 by Sweden-based investor Jane Walerud, former Northzone partner Marta Sjögren, former Slush CEO Andreas Saar, and the Dutch scientist and mineralisation expert Pol Knops (English, Swedish / Di Digital paywall).
- Grafbase (Stockholm, instant serverless GraphQL backend platform): $7.3M in a seed round led by Next47, with participation from Alven, Uncorrelated Ventures as well as around 40 angel investors (English).
- Combify (Stockholm, SaaS solution for visualisation and digitalisation of construction projects' data): SEK25M (€2.3M, $2.2M) from existing investors Backing Minds and Bonnier Ventures, as well as new investor Mezolten (Swedish, machine translation).
- Swedish energy storage technology startups Cellfion and Rivus Batteries received a joint grant of SEK6M (€550K, $550K) from the Swedish Energy Agency, to develop Sweden’s first all-organic redox flow battery (English).
- EQT Foundation participated in a €4.5M ($4.5M) Series A extension raised by German AI breast cancer screening startup Vara (English).
>> Daily updated, subscriber-exclusive Google sheet with all funding rounds raised by private Swedish startups and scaleups.
News from Swedish startups, the tech sector and VCs
- Staccs, Stockholm-based streaming service for concerts and music documentaries, has launched "Staccs TV", a new "TV channel" for concert video and music documentaries, which is free (for the first year) and intended to draw users into the otherwise paid subscription service (English).
- STILRIDE launched its equity crowdfunding campaign on Crowdcube (English).
- SEB Greentech Venture Capital doubles its investment mandate to SEK600M (€55M, $54M). To date the fund has invested in 5 companies (English, Swedish).
- Adrian Arnsvik Bjurefalk, Stockholm-based investor at Inventure, wrote about how early-stage founders can jumpstart the talent flywheel (English).
Swedish tech earnings reports
- Qliro (Stockholm, payments solution for e-commerce and financial services provider for consumers): English.
Other interesting things related to Sweden
- Swedish maritime archaeologists have discovered the long-lost sister ship of the 17th-century warship Vasa, which sank on its maiden voyage (English, Swedish).
That's it for today.