Here is today's curation of news from Sweden's startup and tech sector, exclusively for subscribers of Swedish Tech News.
Subscribe to Swedish Tech News to get access to a daily newsletter that brings you a brief overview of news from the Swedish startup & tech sector, curated by Martin Weigert.
Or, if you prefer a free weekly newsletter, subscribe to Swedish Tech Weekly!
- Go North (Gothenburg, e-commerce aggregator acquiring and scaling brands on Amazon and beyond): SEK75M (€7M, $6.8M) from existing investors. The round is ongoing and the company says it plans to raise another SEK75M (English, Swedish).
- Buddywise (Stockholm, platform that enables realtime safety monitoring of dangerous heavy industry environments through computer vision): €1.2M ($1.2M) in pre-seed funding from Aligned Ventures and Antler, as well as angel investors such as Hans Stråberg, Hans-Olov Blom and Martin Lundquist (English, Swedish).
- Forloop.ai (Stockholm, no-code tool to collect external data and automate it): €875K ($860K) in a pre-seed round led by DEPO Ventures, Rockstart, Fazole Ventures and StartGuide, with participation from APX and undisclosed angel investors (English).
>> Daily updated, subscriber-exclusive Google sheet with all funding rounds raised by private Swedish startups and scaleups.
News from Swedish startups, the tech sector and VCs
- Teamtailor, Stockholm-based recruitment & talent marketing platform, was named "SaaS company of the year" at a SaaS event arranged by Breakit (Swedish, machine translation).
- Swedish open banking provider Tink (owned by Visa since March this year) has partnered with global payments firm Adyen to enable instant account-to-account payments for consumers (English).
Swedish tech earnings reports
- Storykit (Stockholm, video creation platform) almost doubled revenue in 2021 to SEK40.4M (€3.7M, $3.7M), from SEK24,3M in 2020. Losses grew from -SEK-5.4M to -SEK9.2M (Swedish / Breakit paywall).
Other interesting things from the startup/VC world & beyond
- Global venture funding for Q3 2022 totaled $81B, down by a dramatic $90B (53%) year over year or by $40B (33%) quarter over quarter (English).
- Berlin's VC firm Cherry Ventures published its term sheet for all founders, including explanatory notes (English).
- GP Bullhound has released its Consumer Subscription Software 2022 report, where the investment firm highlights the trends influencing the CSS ecosystem, how the consumer subscription markets are changing, and what KPIs company builders should focus on (English).
- Thoughts on a question solo technical founders might ask themselves after having raised a seed round: Should they be the CEO or CTO of the company (English)?
That's it for today.