Here is today's curation of news from Sweden's startup and tech sector, exclusively for subscribers of Swedish Tech News.
Subscribe to Swedish Tech News to get access to a daily newsletter that brings you a brief overview of news from the Swedish startup & tech sector, curated by Martin Weigert.
Or, if you prefer a free weekly newsletter, subscribe to Swedish Tech Weekly!
- Heart Aerospace (Gothenburg, manufacturer of an electric regional airplane): $10M from Saab and Air Canada ($5M from each) (English).
- In a follow-on investment, J12 Ventures participates in a $15M funding round raised by German prescription delivery startup Cure (English / Insider paywall, alternative URL).
>> Daily updated, subscriber-exclusive Google sheet with all funding rounds raised by private Swedish startups and scaleups. Request access.
News from Swedish startups, the tech sector and VCs
- Northe, Stockholm-based EV charging platform for EV owners and companies, is teaming up with BMW and will have its solution integrated with the German car maker's "Plug & Charge" technology (Swedish, machine translation).
- Ola Lidmark Eriksson, co-founder of Stockholm-based football analytics as a service startup Playmaker, is stepping down as CEO to focus on product development. New CEO is Daniel Setterwall (Swedish, no machine translation available).
- Thanks to Figma's $20B exit to Adobe, Swedish investment firm Flat Capital managed to return a 100 percent profit from its small SEK4.5M Figma investment, which it made as recently as January 2022 (Swedish, machine translation). Early Figma investors each ended up with at least $2B (English).
- A Q&A with legal experts on cloud computing law in Sweden (English).
Other interesting things from the startup/VC world & beyond
- European impact fund Junction rolls out €100M ($100M) for green energy startups (English).
- Big tech in the US is hiring an increasing number of economists for insights into how to solve business problems—from pricing and product development to strategy (English / Economy soft paywall, alternative URL).
Other interesting things related to Sweden
- Swedish moose crash-test dummy wins "Ig Nobel prize", an annual spoof award for quirky science (English).
- In Gothenburg, the current construction project Karlatornet will become the tallest residential building in the EU, at 248 meters (Swedish, machine translation).
- IKEA is abandoning its sustainability-motivated plan to increase the price of its meat-based hotdog in Sweden, following criticism from customers (Swedish, no machine translation available).
That's it for today.