Here are today's news from Sweden's startup and tech sector, exclusively for subscribers of Swedish Tech News.
Subscribe to Swedish Tech News to get access to a daily newsletter that brings you a brief overview of news from the Swedish startup & tech sector, curated by Martin Weigert.
Or, if you prefer a free weekly newsletter, subscribe to Swedish Tech Weekly!
Tomorrow is public holiday in Sweden, meaning that you'll receive the next newsletter on Monday.
News from Swedish startups, the tech sector and VCs
- After the bankruptcy of Stockholm-based rapid grocery delivery service Vembla, its founder Sunil Dutt and a small team are back with a new company named SparrowHawk Systems, a SaaS provider of systems & mobil applications for quick commerce. A first customer appears to be Apotek365, which previousy already worked together with Vembla for rapid delivery of pharmacy products (exclusive).
- Exeger, Stockholm-based manufacturer of flexible solar cells made to power gadgets, and the South Korean company OHSUNG Electronics, are presenting a battery-free, light-powered TV remote control at the CES in Las Vegas (English).
- Gofrendly, Stockholm-based social network for women to make new friends, is about to launch in the UK. The company is currently raising a funding round from new and existing investors, says CEO and co-founder Ulrika Lilja (Swedish, machine translation).
- Newly launched Stockholm-based startup Co-X believes it can help solve the retail crisis and bring the revival of the local multibrand stores with real personality, through its platform for creating and operating co-retail marketplaces. Here is an interview with two of the founders, Clara Lindsten and Oscar Hafvenstein (English).
New Swedish tech startups
During the past 2 1/2 weeks, I've added 16 Swedish early-stage tech startups to my subscriber-exclusive tracker.
Other interesting things from the startup/VC world & beyond
- Apple launches AI-powered book narrations for select titles on Apple Books (English).
- The great podcasting market correction (English / Bloomberg paywall, alternative URL).
Other interesting things related to Sweden
- For the second year in a row, Volkswagen's ID.4 was Sweden's most sold EV of 2022 and ranks #4 of all cars sold (Swedish, machine translation).
- Sweden's 33rd annual Icehotel is now open. It was created over six weeks using 500 tons of ice sourced from an adjacent river, as well as the equivalent of 10 Olympic swimming pools full of snis (a mixture of snow and ice) (English).
That's it for today.