Here is today's curation of news from Sweden's startup and tech sector.
Subscribe to Swedish Tech News to get access to a daily newsletter that brings you a brief overview of news from the Swedish startup & tech sector, curated by Martin Weigert.
Or, if you prefer a free weekly newsletter, subscribe to Swedish Tech Weekly!
- Solkompaniet (Stockholm, B2B solar energy equipment supplier): SEK184M (€17.6M, $19.4M) from existing investor AxSol (Swedish, machine translation).
- VNV Global participated with $20M in a $125M Series B round raised by Kenya-based B2B marketplace and delivery platform Wasoko (English, Swedish).
>> Daily updated, subscriber-exclusive Google sheet with all funding rounds raised by private Swedish startups and scaleups. Request access.
News from Swedish startups, the tech sector and VCs
- Gothenburg-based startup Emigreat, founded in 2021, offers an all-in-one relocation platform for Swedish startups to manage the relocation process of all their international talents (Swedish, machine translation).
- It’s Released, subscription-based fashion rental service founded in Stockholm in 2018, is shutting down after having failed to secure funding. The company raised SEK3M in June 2020 (Swedish, machine translation).
- FC Barcelona agreed to the previously reported sponsorship deal with Spotify. The Stockholm-based company reportedly pays $310M over a four-year period. Barcelona's stadium will rebrand as "Spotify Camp Nou" (English).
- The smart locker competition in Sweden is heating up even more, with Norwegian logistics and delivery company Bring planning to install hundreds of lockers across the country for onlineshoppers to pick up their packages (Swedish, machine translation).
- Klarna is partnering with eBay in Germany to integrate flexible payment options into the e-commerce platform (English).
- Online grocery sales in Sweden dropped by 18.8 percent in February 2022, compared to the same month last year. But sales are twice as high as in pre-pandemic February 2020 (Swedish, machine translation).
Other interesting things from the startup/VC world & beyond
- Brief profiles of 9 global Klarna rivals that crossed $1B in value (English).
Other interesting things from Sweden
- Sweden is the first country in the world to set a climate target for consumption-related emissions: net zero by 2045 (Swedish, machine translation).
That's it for today.