Here is today's curation of news from Sweden's startup and tech sector, as well as some interesting reads.
Subscribe to Swedish Tech News to get access to a daily newsletter that brings you a brief overview of news from the Swedish startup & tech sector, curated by Martin Weigert.
Or, if you prefer a free weekly newsletter, subscribe to Swedish Tech Weekly!
- SAVR (Stockholm, low-commission fund saving platform): SEK162M (€15M, $16M) in a funding round led by Schibsted, with participation from Nordic Angels (English, Swedish).
- DigiProc (Stockholm, digital procurement solution): SEK11.5M (€1M, $1.2M) in a funding round led by Kistefos, with participation from Antler, and angel investors such as Andreas Alsén (English, Swedish).
- Swedish tech industry personalities Rustan Panday, Carl Manneh, Fredrik Österberg and Peder Dinkelspiel participated as strategic investors in a €3M funding round raised by Finnish golf app Golf GameBook (English, Swedish).
Exclusive subscriber feature: A daily updated Google sheet with all funding rounds raised by private Swedish startups and scaleups. Request access here.
News from Swedish startups, the tech sector and VCs
- Stockholm-based startup POL wants to build a solar-electric catamaran camper (English, Swedish).
- Forto, a Germany-based digitized freight forwarding and supply chain solutions provider, announced plans to expand into Sweden in 2022, alongside other new markets. The company just raised fresh Series D funding of $250M from existing investors such as Softbank's Vision Fund 2 and Northzone (English).
- Time to Raise, Stockholm-based women-focussed startup accelerator, is merging with Stockholm-based initiative Full Potential, to "create a full-stack fundraising ecosystem supporting female startup founders and investors in their fundraising" (English).
- 📺 Recording of a fireside chat with Flat Capital's CEO Hanna Wachtmeister and co-founder Sebastian Siemiatkowski, about the publicly listed Swedish investment firm's approach to investing, and outlook (Swedish, 1 hour, free registration required)
Other interesting things from the startup/VC world & beyond
- Revenue-based financing in Europe: The competitors, compared (English / Sifted soft paywall, alternative URL).
- The Financial Times published a long profile piece about Ark Invest founder and CEO Cathie Wood, who despite the recent crash of many of the tech growth stocks that her ETFs invested in, remains as bullish as ever about the prospects of the industry (English).
Other interesting things from Sweden
- Sweden's 125 most powerful women in 2022 (Swedish, machine translation).
- This is what the stock portfolios of Sweden’s Riksdag MPs look like (English / The Local soft paywall, alternative URL).
That's it for today.