Here are today's news from Sweden's startup and tech sector, exclusively for subscribers of Swedish Tech News.
Subscribe to Swedish Tech News to get access to a daily newsletter that brings you a brief overview of news from the Swedish startup & tech sector, curated by Martin Weigert.
Or, if you prefer a free weekly newsletter, subscribe to Swedish Tech Weekly!
- Lucero Bio (Gothenburg, automated 3D cell culture handling platform): €1.3M ($1.3M) Transition grant from the European Innovation Council, EIC (English).
- Perspetivo (Stockholm, representative panel research platform): SEK2.5M (€230K, $235K) from angel investors Toni Nijm, Maha Bouzeid and Anna Schauman (Swedish, machine translation).
>> Daily updated, subscriber-exclusive Google sheet with all funding rounds raised by private Swedish startups and scaleups.
News from Swedish startups, the tech sector and VCs
- Quinyx, Stockholm-based provider of workforce management solutions, is laying off 35 employees, or around 9% of its staff. Last year, the company grew revenue by 30% to SEK307 (€28M, $28M), while generating -SEK110M in loss after taxes (Swedish / Breakit paywall, Swedish #2, machine translation).
- In response to collapse of major international crypto exchange FTX, Stockholm-based crypto broker Safello launched a "proof of reserves" page that displays the company’s holdings of cryptocurrencies held on behalf of customers (English).
- Di Digital launched the annual reader votes for "Sweden's most important female entrepreneur" (Swedish, machine translation) and "Sweden's most important female investor" (Swedish, machine translation).
- "Klarna aims to be profitable on a monthly basis at some point after summer 2023", says CEO and co-founder Sebastian Siemiatkowski (Swedish / Di Digital paywall).
Swedish tech earnings
Other interesting things from the startup/VC world & beyond
- Crypto dominoes fall in the wake of FTX's collapse (English).
- Suggestions for what not to say to someone who has just been laid off (English).
- What investors are looking for at the pre-seed level (English).
- Some short Friday serendipity read: The seven levels of being busy (English).
Other interesting things related to Sweden
- Stockholm bets on carbon capture to hit net zero (English).
- Chinese EV startup Nio, which differentiates itself from its rivals by offering swappable batteries, launched its first power-swapping station in Sweden, located in Varberg near Gothenburg (English).
That's it for today.