Here are today's news from Sweden's startup and tech sector, exclusively for subscribers of Swedish Tech News.
Subscribe to Swedish Tech News to get access to a daily newsletter that brings you a brief overview of news from the Swedish startup & tech sector, curated by Martin Weigert.
Or, if you prefer a free weekly newsletter, subscribe to Swedish Tech Weekly!
- Xpektor (Gothenburg, predictive analytics tool for accounting firms and consultants): SEK1M (€92K, $95K) from Annevo and angel investors including TV journalist Max Grinndal and Petter Eriksson, chief of R&D at Recorded Future (Swedish / Breakit paywall).
>> Daily updated, subscriber-exclusive Google sheet with all funding rounds raised by private Swedish startups and scaleups.
News from Swedish startups, the tech sector and VCs
- Deloitte published its annual "Sweden Technology Fast 50" ranking comprising of the 50 Swedish tech companies that experienced the highest average revenue growth during the past 4 years (English).
- Profile of Scalinq, Gothenburg-based startup which develops solutions for scaling quantum computers. The company was founded this year by Zaid Saeed, Lisa Rooth and Robert Rehammar, and will pitch at Di Digital's Female Founders event next week (Swedish, machine translation).
- Insurello, Stockholm-based insurtech startup founded in 2016, recently restructured its organization, laid off an unspecific number of employees, and left the French and Italian market. It's now focusing on Sweden and Denmark. During the financial year 2021/2022, the company increased revenue by 20% to SEK30.8M (€2.8M, $3M), but more than doubled its loss to -SEK127.3M (Swedish, machine translation).
- Rocker, Stockholm-based digital bank formerly known as Bynk, is laying off 6 people (Swedish, machine translation).
- Nordic B2B SaaS companies are encouraged to participate in the survey for the region's first community-led B2B SaaS benchmark report, launched by Lund-based SaaS community SaaS Nordic (English).
- How much Spotify pays for US jobs in marketing, engineering, and more (English / Insider.com paywall, alternative URL).
Click here to see a brief profile of each, including founder names and LinkedIn profile URLs (log in with your subscriber email).
Swedish tech earnings
- Qred (publ) (Stockholm, small business lending platform) published its Q3 2022 interim report (English).
Other interesting things related to Sweden
- State owned Research Institutes of Sweden, RISE, is launching "Europe’s most advanced cyber security initiative dedicated to vehicle testing" (English).
- A new rare earths supply chain spanning Canada, Sweden, and Norway could help reduce the West's reliance on China (English).
- More than 600 Swedish children and young people, including Greta Thunberg, are sueing the Swedish state for what they claim to be a flawed climate policy (English, Swedish)
- Swedish ice hockey legend Börje Salming, who played the bulk of his career in the NHL for the Toronto Maple Leafs, has died at the age of 71. He had been diagnosed with ALS earlier this year (English, Swedish)
That's it for today.