Here is today's curation of news from Sweden's startup and tech sector, exclusively for subscribers of Swedish Tech News.
Subscribe to Swedish Tech News to get access to a daily newsletter that brings you a brief overview of news from the Swedish startup & tech sector, curated by Martin Weigert.
Or, if you prefer a free weekly newsletter, subscribe to Swedish Tech Weekly!
- Tradera (Stockholm, online second hand marketplace): SEK50M (€4.5M, $4.4M) in equity funding from Ceder Capital at a post-money valuation of SEK915M. Additionally, the investment company bought existing shares and now owns around one third of Tradera (Swedish / DI Digital paywall, Swedish #2, machine translation).
- Flowlife (Stockholm, maker of recovery tech massage products): SEK17M (€1.5M, $1.5M) from undisclosed investors (Swedish / Breakit paywall, Swedish #2, machine translation).
- Pirr (Stockholm, upcoming personalized erotica app): undisclosed amount in a pre-seed round from undisclosed angel investors, as well as a SEK900K grant (€80K, $80K) from Vinnova (English).
>> Daily updated, subscriber-exclusive Google sheet with all funding rounds raised by private Swedish startups and scaleups.
News from Swedish startups, the tech sector and VCs
- "This is a long term game", says Giovanni Fili, founder and CEO of Stockholm-based Exeger, in this lenghty interview. So far to date, the manufacturer of flexible solar cells made to power gadgets, has raised €180M ($175M) since its creation in 2009 (English).
- Climatiq, the Berlin-based carbon intelligence platform co-founded and led by Swedish entrepreneur Hessam Lavi, just raised a €6M ($5.8M) seed round led by Singular VC (English).
- E-scooter companies in Stockholm were fined a total of SEK1.3M (€120K, $115K) during September for vehicles that broke the newly introduced parking rules (Swedish, machine translation).
- Node Ventures (node.vc) is the name of a new Stockholm-based early-stage VC firm co-founded and led by John Elvesjö, the co-founder of technology company Tobii and most recently of Brightly Ventures. No details on the fund size yet (Swedish / Breakit paywall).
>> This week, I've started to track around 20 new Swedish tech startups. Check out my subscriber-exclusive tech startup tracker (log in with your subscriber email).
Other interesting things from the startup/VC world & beyond
- As Sweden has as bunch of electric motorcycle startups, this is potentially great news for them (and will probably emerge as a trend in other comparable countries as well): Indonesia plans to put 2 million electric motorcycles on the road in the next 3 years (English).
- UK-based private equity platform Lightrock has closed its inaugural Lightrock Climate Impact Fund (LCIF) with €860M ($840M) in funding, to drive net-zero innovations in Europe and North America (English).
- How to find startup ideas (English).
- As a software engineer, joining late-stage companies is no longer an almost guaranteed way to make big money (English).
- A text by someone who claims to have earned $200K last year ghostwriting tweets for US-based venture capitalists (English / Insider paywall, alternative URL).
That's it for today.