Here is today's curation of news from Sweden's startup and tech sector, exclusively for subscribers of Swedish Tech News.
Subscribe to Swedish Tech News to get access to a daily newsletter that brings you a brief overview of news from the Swedish startup & tech sector, curated by Martin Weigert.
Or, if you prefer a free weekly newsletter, subscribe to Swedish Tech Weekly!
- In a follow-on investment, Norrsken VC participated in a €12M Series A funding round raised by German zero-emission delivery service Liefergrün (English).
News from Swedish startups, the tech sector and VCs
- X Shore unveiled its latest electric boat model, the X Shore 1. At a retail price of €99,000 ($139,000 in the US), it'll cost only 1/3 of X Shore's previous boat. The Stockholm-based startup expects this move to significantly broaden the number of potential buyers (English, Swedish).
- Tilly, Stockholm-based personalized fertility support app, launched an equity crowdfunding campaign. 4 days in and with 26 days to go, the startup has almost reached its target of €285K (English).
- Tibber, Swedish-Norwegian smart energy provider, is setting a maximum limit of 50,000 kWh of power to be delivered to customers yearly, to discourage organizations (as opposed to individual households) from using the service (Swedish, no machine translation available).
- The Swedish Financial Supervisory Authority says it wants to be more regularly informed by Klarna about financial performance, due to the company's high cash burn (Swedish, machine translation).
- The Swede Robin Eriksson co-founded and is CEO of Denmark-based startup Cogo, which lets users in its home market and Sweden book shared electric scooters, bikes, cars and mopeds from 250 mobility operators in one app. The company now has raised SEK8,5M (€8M, $8M) in fresh funding (Swedish, machine translation).
- EQT Ventures is looking for a Stockholm-based venture lead with tech & product focus (English).
I've added around 30 companies to the list of Swedish tech startups & scaleups during the past week. As a Swedish Tech News subscriber, you have exclusive access to this list with additions.
Other interesting things from the startup/VC world & beyond
- The EU is opening a Silicon Valley office to streamline communication with Big Tech (English).
- On the importance of venture funds building very thoughtful reserve policies and entrepreneurs picking investors that have such measures in place and that are transparent about them – seen from the perspective of the 2022 market pull back (English).
- A blueprint for investment in user research at every startup stage (English).
Other interesting things related to Sweden
- The Financial Times on how Sweden's gang-related gun violence problem is providing a back drop to next Sunday's general election (English / FT paywall, alternative URL).
- Sweden's state-owned rail company SJ launched its daily night train between Stockholm and Hamburg (English / The Local paywall, alternative URL).
That's it for today.