Here is today's curation of news from Sweden's startup and tech sector, exclusively for subscribers of Swedish Tech News.
Subscribe to Swedish Tech News to get access to a daily newsletter that brings you a brief overview of news from the Swedish startup & tech sector, curated by Martin Weigert.
Or, if you prefer a free weekly newsletter, subscribe to Swedish Tech Weekly!
- Boksnok (Stockholm, subscription service for interactive children’s books): SEk13.3M (€1.2M, $1.2M) in a funding round led by Swedia Capital, with participation from Jellyfish Invest and previous investors (Swedish, machine translation).
- In a follow-on investment, Creandum participated in a €12M Series A round raised by Estonia-based AI-powered customer service platform Klaus (English).
>> Daily updated, subscriber-exclusive Google sheet with all funding rounds raised by private Swedish startups and scaleups.
News from Swedish startups, the tech sector and VCs
- Endbright, founded and led by Charlotte Ljung, won the pitch competition at DI Digital's Female Founders Malmö event. The online divorce planning service will be one of 6 finalists in the Female Founders Stockholm event on November 30 (Swedish).
- Movesta, Stockholm-based home selling platform, is adapting to the new cautious mood on the home buying market, by introducing a "guaranteed price" offering, which allows individuals to buy their desired home without having to worry that they won't be able to sell their current one. Meanwhile, the startup has canceled plans to raise new funding, for now (Swedish / DI Digital paywall).
- Stockholm-based sound gadget maker Teenage Engineering has released a portable record cutter (English).
- SoftBank has sold its entire stake in Stockholm-based mobile engagement communications platform Sinch, taking a major loss – again, as in the case of Norwegian edtech company Kahoot (English / Bloomberg paywall, alternative URL).
- The Nordic countries have the potential to become a "Silicon Valley of sustainability", according to McKinsey (English).
>> This week, I've started to track 15 new and/or under-the-radar tech startups from Sweden. You can always see my latest additions, including their one-liner description, on this page (log in with your subscriber email).
Other interesting things from the startup/VC world & beyond
- Google is shutting down its ambitious cloud gaming service Stadia (English).
- Steps from founder selling to a VP Sales (English).
- How to “rightsize” the management team hires when scaling a SaaS company (English).
That's it for today.