Swedish Tech Weekly (“STW”) is a free weekly newsletter offering a curated overview of news from Sweden’s startup & tech sector.
Newsletter details and key numbers
- Launched in December 2018 (here's the first newsletter issue).
- Published Monday mornings around 6:00 CET.
- Number of subscribers: 2100+ (Nov 2023), with the majority based in Sweden or with a background in Sweden.
- Average open rate: over 60%.
- Around 54% of subscribers are registered with a corporate mail address, 46% with a private mail address.
- Typical subscribers are investors (VCs, full time business angels, part-time/hobby business angels), founders, startup operators, tech professionals, industry thought leaders, journalists, and other high status individuals with influence and decision making power.
- List of testimonials.
- Here is a recent newsletter issue.
Why you should become a sponsor of Swedish Tech Weekly
- Build awareness for your product/service among an exclusive, premium target group which is hard and usually very costly to reach. Ideally combine this sponsoring with marketing and communication activities through other channels and means.
- Present your product/service as supporter of the Swedish startup & tech sector. Benefit from the goodwill this generates among subscribers who are able to receive the newsletter at no costs, thanks to you.
- Benefit from the high trust that Swedish Tech Weekly has created among its subscribers over more than 200 issues. Subscribers have internalized the uncompromising focus on quality content and quality sponsors. Only one exclusive sponsoring per issue is available and only relevant, reputable companies are eligible to become sponsors.
When you should NOT become a sponsor
- The primary purpose of becoming a sponsor of Swedish Tech Weekly is creating or maintaining awareness for your product/service/brand over an extended period of time. A sponsor pays for the repeated exposure of their brand, visual brand identity and message towards a high status target group. The effects of individual brand marketing campaigns might not be immediate, and they might be hard to measure. Brand marketing is generally most effective if multiple campaigns and marketing activities are run through various channels simultaneously, to maximize the target group's frequent exposure to a company's messages. In consequence, if your company has a very small marketing budget only sufficient for a small number of short-term focused marketing activities, or exclusively focuses on maximizing instant return on marketing investment (as opposed to longer-term brand building), sponsoring Swedish Tech Weekly is likely not the right choice.
Details of the sponsoring
- A sponsoring of Swedish Tech Weekly includes 3 ad units:
- Large linked image (delivery dimensions 1200x800px) and optional text (around 300 characters) + link, right at the top of the newsletter.
- Large linked image (delivery dimensions 1200x800px) and optional text (around 300 characters) + link, below the funding news section.
- Large linked image (delivery dimensions 1200x800px) and optional text (around 300 characters) + link, in the lower part of the newsletter.
- Here's an example of how such an ad looks like in the newsletter.
- The elements of the ads may be changed throughout the campaign duration. The deadline for submissions of changes via email is Thursdays 9 AM (CET) for the newsletter issue to be published the following Monday.
- The ad content may be in English or Swedish. The editorial language of Swedish Tech Weekly is English.
- A sponsor will be provided with basic newsletter open and click statistics, typically one week after a newsletter issue was sent.
- A sponsor will be mentioned prominently in the LinkedIn post that promotes each new newsletter issue and includes lots of company tags (example).
- Bonus: During the campaign period, a sponsor also is entitled to a large, linked visual ad (delivery dimensions 1200x800px) at the top of the following two lists: 1000+ Swedish tech startups & scaleups, 200+ Swedish tech startups & scaleups founded and led by women.
Prices & conditions
- Price per newsletter issue: SEK2250 kr (excl. VAT), or €225 if your company is based outside of Sweden.
- Minimum campaign duration: 4 subsequent newsletter issues, invoiced at the beginning of the campaign.
- If you book a campaign for 8 or more subsequent newsletter issues, a discount is available!
- Earliest availability: March 2024 – get in touch to book now!
For booking or if you have a question, mail me at email@example.com (in Swedish, English or German).
Founder & curator
Swedish Tech Weekly & Swedish Tech News